MICHIGAN CENTER HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION REQUIREMENTS
START WITH CLASS OF 2016 AND ABOVE
· The minimum number of credits needed for graduation from MC is 23.
· Half credit is given per semester for each class successfully completed.
· One and one-half credits are given per semester for each regular shift completed at the Jackson Area Career Center (may attend your Junior and Senior year)
The following classes must be successfully completed to meet graduation requirements:
· 8 semesters of English which include:
· 8 semesters of Mathematics
-Algebra I (9th)
-Algebra II (11th)
- Senior math class (student choice) (12th)
· 6 semesters of Science
-Conceptual Physics (9th)
-Physics or Chemistry (11th OR 12th)
· 2 semesters of Physical Education/Health (9th or 10th)
· 6 semesters of Social Studies
-US History/Geography (9th)
-Civics – one semester (10th)
-Economics – one semester (10th)
-World History/Geography (11th)
· 4 semesters of a Foreign Language (same language both years)
· 2 semesters Visual, Performing or Applied Arts (ie. Drama, choir, band, art, graphics class from career center, etc)
· Electives: additional classes a student will take to reach the 23 credit requirement.