MICHIGAN EDUCATION ASSOCIATION SCHOLARSHIP
Michigan Education Association (MEA) Scholarship
• Graduate of a Michigan public high school
• Will attend or is currently an undergraduate student of a Michigan public community/junior college, four-year
degree-granting institution, or vocational training institution that grants a degree, certification, or license. Those
attending the following private institutions ONLY are also eligible: Baker College-Flint/Owosso; University of
Detroit-Mercy; Davenport University-Eastern Region Campus; Adrian College; Finlandia University; Albion
College; and Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University.
• Previous recipient of MEA Scholarship Award
• Note: Children of MEA officers, fund trustees, and MEA staff are not eligible.
Applicants must complete ALL sections of the application form. Do not staple any of the materials or put materials in any
type of folder or portfolio, as it will be discarded.
• Official high school transcript showing cumulative GPA, including first semester of senior year, and any higher
education course transcripts including dual enrollment.
• Copy of SAT and/or ACT score documentation (if not included on the transcript)
• Personal statement (see application)
• Personal resume (one-sheet limit is strictly adhered to)
• Principal/designee or counselor/college advisor statement and his/her signature (see application)
• Three signatures of applicant on required lines (see application)
Deadline: February 21, 2019