AFSCME UNION SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
2019 AFSCME Union Scholars Program
To qualify for the scholarship, you must:
• be an undergraduate sophomore or junior at the time of the application and the interview process
• have a minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average
• be a college student of color including: African-American, American Indian/Alaskan Native, Asian-Pacific
Islander, Latin American
• demonstrate interest in working for social and economic justice through the labor union movement
• have a valid driver's license
• Provide a faculty recommendation
The Union Scholars Program is a 10-week summer internship for students of color who are passionate about social justice,
with an emphasis on workers' rights. Entry to the Union Scholars Program is competitive.
Students will take part in a hands-on organizing experience with AFSCME members, and will enjoy an opportunity to
travel and receive valuable, resume-building experience – all while being paid.
Award: up to $6,000 based on financial need
Deadline: February 28, 2019