BLACKS AT MICROSOFT SCHOLARSHIP
Blacks at Microsoft Scholarship
To be considered for a BAM Scholarship, you must:
• be a high-school senior of African descent (for example, African American, African, or Ethiopian).
• plan to attend a four-year college or university in the fall of the year following high-school graduation.
• plan to pursue a bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, computer information systems, or select
business programs (such as finance, business administration, or marketing).
• demonstrate a passion for technology.
• demonstrate leadership at school or in the community.
• have a cumulative GPA of 3.3 or higher.
• require financial assistance to attend college.
To apply for a BAM Scholarship, fill out the online application and attach the following items:
Two letters of recommendation. * See official guidelines
Additionally: résumé, picture of yourself, transcript. Include an official "sealed" copy of your current academic transcript.
In no more than 500 words, describe how you plan to engage in the technology industry in your future career. (If you have
done exemplary work using technology during high school, please describe that also.)
In no more than 250 words, demonstrate your financial need for this scholarship.
Award: 2 awards of $5,000 – renewable up to 4 years for a potential of $20,000 maximum
5 runners-up awards of $1,500 * BAM technology stipend based on need
Deadline: March 8, 2019