AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF UNIVERSITY WOMEN - JACKSON BRANCH SCHOLARSHIP
American Association of University Women - Jackson Branch Scholarship
• Established scholastic record for two years of college, with official transcripts from all course
• work at all colleges and/or universities attended.
• Contingent upon acceptance by an accredited four-year Michigan college or university and
• enrollment with intent to receive a bachelor’s degree. The scholarship is not awarded for study
• beyond the four-year degree nor for a second four-year degree.
• Must be a female resident of Jackson County, but may reside outside of Jackson County at a
• state college or university for the school year.
• Minimum grade point average of 3.0.
• Some leadership ability evidenced in quality of extracurricular activities. This may include
• work experience.
• Two letters of recommendation from faculty or one faculty and one employer recommendation
• commenting on the candidate’s academic achievement and character.
• A completed two-page application form
The Jackson Branch of the American Association of University Women has a scholarship available for
two Jackson County women who are pursuing a four-year undergraduate degree at an accredited
Michigan college or university. Students who are currently completing their sophomore or junior year are
invited to apply for one of the two scholarships. Students who have received the scholarship previously
are not eligible. Special consideration will be given to students with financial need.
Award: 2 awards; each worth $2,500
Deadline: March 31, 2019