Title One Notification
Title I – Parents’ Right to Know
In accordance with the requirement of Section 1111 of Title I, for each school receiving Title I funds, the Superintendent shall make sure that all parents of students in that school are notified that they may request, and the District will provide, the following information on the student’s classroom teachers:
1. Whether the teacher(s) have/has met the State qualification and licensing criteria for the grade level and subject areas they are teaching.
2. Whether the teacher(s) is/are teaching under any emergency or provisional status in which the State requirements have been waived.
3. The undergraduate major of the teacher(s), the area of study and any certificates for any graduate degrees earned.
4. The qualifications of any paraprofessionals providing services to their child(ren).
5. In addition, the parents shall be provided:
a. Information on the level of achievement of their child(ren) on the required State academic assessments;
b. Timely notice if the student is assigned to a teacher who is not “highly qualified” as required, or if the student is taught for more than four (4) weeks by a teacher who is not highly qualified.
The notices and information shall be provided in an understandable format, and to the extent possible, in a language the parent(s) understand.