School counselors attempt to meet the diverse needs of ALL STUDENTS so they can get the most out of their education.
School Counseling Services Include:
- Teaching school counseling curriculum that focuses on growth mindsets and behaviors to promote student success.
- Advise students to make decisions about their future based on their unique abilities, interests, and achievements.
- Provide professional assistance and support to a student or small group of students during times of transition, heightened stress, critical change or other situations impeding student success (grief, divorce, study skills, social skills etc.).
- Recognize and respond to student mental health needs and assist students and families seeking resources.
- Share strategies supporting student achievement with parents, teachers, other educators and community organizations.
- Collaborate with educators, parents and the community to support student achievement.
- Refer students and families to school or community resources for additional assistance and information.
School counselors do not provide therapy or long-term counseling. Community service referrals are available for students experiencing a variety of mental health concerns.
Your support and cooperation can help make this school year a rewarding success.